Red Sails Poetry Competition 2018
For ages 18+. Published poets are not eligible to take part.
Poem Theme- Portstewart
Some pointers-Memories of a visit to the town. Places within the town. Growing up in Portstewart. Living in a seaside town. Inspired by the lyrics of "Red Sails In The Sunset"
Maximum Length- 40 lines
Each entrant may enter up to 3 poems. Entry fee £5 per poem . 3 entries for £10.
First prize £100. Second Prize £50. Third prize £25
Prize winners will be announced and have the opportunity to recite their winning entry at a poetry night during the festival week-held at The Anchorage Wednesday 25th July 2018
Closing Date: 31/5/2018.
Entries received after that date will not be considered. Terms and conditions apply and can be read at the bottom of this page.
Poems and payment (Cheque/Postal Order to be made out to Portstewart Community Association) to be sent to:
Alternative entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line should include: Poetry competition
Alternative payment can be made here by credit or debit card please include your name in the box provided.
Single entry for the poetry competition, please include your full name in the box below
3 competition entries
Use for 3 entries for the poetry competition, please include your full name in the box below
Terms and conditions
1. The P.C.A. committee reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without prior warning. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
2. The prizes are not transferable to another party.
3. The. P.C.A. committee reserves the right to display submitted poetry for publicity purposes. This could be in print, on social media or in any other medium as required by the committee.
4. The winners will be notified within 14 days prior to the Award night during the Red Sails Festival.
5. The P.C.A. committee reserve the right to withdraw the prize and award it to another entrant should a winner or winners are not able to be contacted to claim the prize.
6. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7. The poet reserves the right of copyright of submitted work.